80% of B2B sales interactions will occur on digital channels by the end of 2025. And in 2021 ads on social media had worldwide revenue of $153 billion and is expected to grow to over $252 billion in 2026. The use of social media for B2B marketing is like a dime a dozen for b2b business, as 55% of business considers social media the pillar of marketing. That being said, if your B2B company isn’t utilising social media as part of its marketing strategy, you are missing out on a huge opportunity.
If you are a business person who is struggling to create brand awareness, you can use social media platforms in a number of effective ways! Keep scrolling to increase the number of potential clients through online platforms.
Why Use Social Media for B2B Marketing?
Social media offers a variety of benefits for businesses: reaching a larger audience, connecting with potential and current customers and helping create a brand identity.
For example, if you’re a fashion designer, are you willing to trust a newbie in the business market? No, right? Similarly, people won’t choose you unless you are top-notch in your field. If you want to achieve this level, or if you are already there, then you need to focus on building an online presence. Why? Because that is where potential clients will look for you!
Social media is a powerful tool:
- It is the first stop for anyone looking for information about a product or service
It can help you build trust and credibility with your potential clients
It is an effective way to connect with potential clients on a personal level
It allows you to show off your work in a creative way
It is an affordable marketing tool
Three rules to remember while utilising social media for B2B Marketing
- Always share original content
- Set SMART goals
- Keep an eye on the competitor
Social Media for B2B Marketing Strategy
A social networking site that is used by 71% of professionals for business decisions can be the perfect platform to market your brand. Around 96% of content marketers use LinkedIn for B2B marketing.
- Keep an eye on current hashtags; it will help you keep up with the trends
- Run targeted advertisements because growing organically on social media is like a pain in the neck. Investing in paid advertisements can expand your reach beyond your expectations.
- Create valuable content and an attention-grabbing “About Us” section. 89% of business decision-makers gain a positive perception about a business that shares quality content.
82% of B2B use Twitter for their marketing as it helps them reach 396.5 million users in the blink of an eye.
- As customer service interactions are increasing on Twitter, answer client’s queries to increase consumer interaction and engagement
- Again, be on the lookout for trending hashtags as they will help you discover the ongoing area of interest of your consumer
- Show your expertise and promote your service by generating quality content
65% of B2B marketers use Facebook ads as it helps them reach 2.11 billion Facebook users in the blink of an eye.
- Make Facebook pages and create public events.
- Build professional and personal relationships with the group and community members, as it will help you discover potential leads.
- Use messenger to increase customer engagement and target your audience based on job titles, demographics, behaviour & preferences
The 2nd most downloaded app and the 4th most used social media platform is the best online site for millions of markets. In 2021, nearly 200 million business accounts were visited by Instagram users.
- Make a business account on Instagram and start making connections. Within a fraction of a second, Instagram lets you connect with different industry’s people.
- Put your website link in the bio and let Instagram bless you with 50% increased website traffic.
- Know your audience and establish platform-specific goals and strategies.
Social media has become an integral part of our lives and it plays a crucial role in business-to-business B2B marketing. It helps businesses build relationships and interact with potential and current customers. B2B marketers use social media to create awareness about their products and services, generate leads, and boost sales.
According to wordstream.com, most businesses use the seven social media platforms mentioned below to increase their reach.
Businesses should consider these platforms as the best gateways for effective marketing.
You might have noticed that in our blog, we have focused on consumer/client engagement and interaction everywhere. That is just because the more you interact with your client, the more you’ll be able to create brand awareness.
If you need help with your B2B social media strategy, contact us today!